HEALTH & SAFETY
Health & Safety for Scaffolding
Whatever type of scaffolding you hire, health and safety is one of the most important factors to consider.
This includes protection against falling objects, safety for workers using the scaffolding and onsite, as well as ensuring the structure of the building isn’t compromised. Here at STR Scaffolding, we’re dedicated to implementing strict health and safety procedures which must be adhered to.
This means designing and erecting scaffolding which:
- is made to bespoke specifications
- meets its intended purpose
- includes appropriate and easy access points
- has platforms ideal for space restrictions, ground conditions and the height required
The scaffolding should also be inspected before first use (after installation), every seven days and after any alternations or extreme weather conditions such as harsh winds.
CISRS Qualified Scaffolder
Before using any scaffolding hire services, it’s essential to check you’ve chosen to work with experts who hold a valid CISRS card – part of the Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme and an affiliate of the Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS). This is the qualification recognised and preferred by the largest scaffolding manufacturers and organisations in the UK, giving you the peace of mind you’re dealing with trained scaffolders.
Our STR Scaffolding operatives are CISRS approved and only undertake scaffolding projects they’re fully trained and competent to take on. We operate a tight health and safety policy, including the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) while incorporating necessary supporting features and safety barriers throughout the scaffolding structure.
Request a Callback
Fill in the form below to request a callback to discuss your move.
Uncompromising Health & Safety Standards
We’re passionate about health and safety, and this means ensuring we have clear policies for our team and an ethos which puts customer care at the heart of what we do.
- Gaining a full briefing of your requirements, including the scaffolding’s intended use, how long you need it for and the site location
- Providing well-designed scaffolding which meets all required health and safety guidelines
- Putting the safety of workers, the public and any visitors onsite BEFORE anything else
- Completing a robust assessment and site survey to identify any risks before the project starts such as power lines or lack of firm foundations
- Expert planning for design, erection and dismantling of the scaffolding, including consideration for the structural integrity of the building
- Providing all relevant safety information to the site team, including maximum working loads to be imposed
- Keeping up to date with the latest safety guidance and good working practices
If you’re looking for a scaffolder you can trust to deliver on all aspects of scaffolding hire, including protecting the health and safety of your team, get in touch to ask us more.